I'm looking for something to automatically upload/sync photos from my phone to my PC or server.
Anybody knows of something that could fit my use case? xe2x80x8b
- upload only files older than some date - I just want new photos, not all the old stuff that I already have
- don't reupload files I've deleted on the server/PC - I put the photos in different folders after putting them on the PC
- private / open source / FOSS - I don't want for them to get in Google's (or some other company's) hands. xe2x80x8b
What I've tried:
- syncthing - can't choose to upload stuff starting from a date, reuploads things I delete from the sync folder
- NextCloud - doesn't have one-way upload feature xe2x80x8b
I've been thinking about writing something that runs periodically on my phone and just pushes the photos to some S3-compatible storage, and a PC component that pulls them. The problem is that without rooting you can't have reliable cron. Even if I would make it work with Termux somehow, Android could deny network access.
I know that paid Dropbox can do exactly what I want, but l'm hesitant to give them access to all my photos.